News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Hologram dome eyes from lakeland,i do believe the angling centre do a line of these type of eyes.

Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Quote from: paulr on January 25, 2010, 11:38:56 AM
They are great Chris  :D
I know a wee pond were the jack pike would go ballistic (literally) for them in the summer.
Be interesting to see what the trout think of them, i suppose the sillhouette from beneath isn't that different from the turks.

cheers

Paul
The gutless frog is another you may like to consider for the summer pike Paul,looks the business.

Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

That bottom photo reminds me of the Budweiser ad.   :D

lnelson20

Had to google that one Fred,Nice :D

Chris.
c.nelson

paulr

More lazy, corner-cutting ties from my vice:The Mcflylon and Elk.
Obviously the yarn won't move in the water as attractively as the original CDC, but it will be a hell of lot easier to dry-I'm lazy when it comes to fishing as well as flytying  :8) Will let you know if they work in a few months time.

[attachimg=1]

Also been having more fun with razor foam and came up with these Adams style flees.

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Fishtales

I'm sorry to say Paul the razor foam flies wont work. I tied up a load of those type of flies about twenty years ago and all they did was twist the cast. They didn't float right and they caught very few fish. I still have them in my dry fly box but they are never used. I will be intrigued to see to see how you get on with yours :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

paulr

They float fine in my trusty glass of water, will need to see how they perform for real though.I think the wing length will have a lot to do with them landing the right way up. They wouldn't be my first line of attack, more something else to try on picky fish.Will let you know how they get on  :D

paulr

Hi Col,
I've tied a couple a completely synthetic ones with a tan Mcflylon wing and brown body and straggles. I've got too many new flies to try when the season starts  :?

cheers
Paul

Malcolm

Sandy - I use that type of foam (at least I think it is the same) for a couple of my flies. It seems to work quite well as long as it is kept very short. I use it for spent spinners like my double Caenis which I've posted on here before.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clansman

My latest tying from my tying classes. It is apparently good on the local rivers down here in the Lake District

Go To Front Page