News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

I do like the old faithful loch style traditionals Andy. They give a feeling of confidence, especially when tied as well as those.  :8).
Those Sculpin beasts are odds on to get a reaction too  :shock:

Robbie

I had been planning to tie up some Doobries, my last one got shredded on a certain bog loch. Whilst in sommers in Aberdeen to get some glow-bright floss I came across some orange and pearl flat braid which sparked an idea for a variant:

Standard Doobry:
[attachimg=1]

Variant:
[attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

Nice tying Robbie. Hard to say what one I like best, they're both braw. I often used strips cut from the wrapper from the 'Crunchie' Chocolate bar to replace the standard gold on the Doobry. It was pleasing on the eye but I doubt if the fish were bothered much !

rannoch raider

Dug one out of the box. It's well battered and the shine has worn off the plastic wrapper body but you can still see the colour. I always thought it stood out a lot better in peaty water than the standard gold.
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Reading one of Bob Wyatt's books right now and having a bit of fun with the DHE and generally monkeying around with deer hair. This isn't one of Bob's but I've got high hopes that it'll do a wee turn when the buzzers are getting picked off. Tied on a size 14 FM Czech Nymph hook, I think it will have a nice 'hang' .

Robbie

A couple of nymphs I hope to give a swim next month:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Robbie

Something a bit more substantial than my usual fair:

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

I've not tied a fly in months but my mother in law wanted some for her pals husband as part of a gift so got the stuff out he other night. Not knowing where he fishes or what he fishes for I thought I'd do a wee selection of muddlers, thought it would be a safe bet. Did feel a bit rusty at the vice but got there in the end
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

A couple more muddlers, this time for my own box. Tail is claret tippet and claret pheasant tail. Claret shoulder hackle, hairs ear body palmered with Cree cock. #10
[attachurl=1][attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And a wee stoats tail for the point, blue grizzle hackle
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page