News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Nice wee pattern Pete. A bit like a cross between a Cats Whisker and a Humungus. That sort of pattern has been quite a popular choice for the point fly during early season on the lochs for a long time. The loch Brownies love a wee bit of black marabou fished deep. The Loch Leven Brownies love a BIG bit of black marabou fished deep.  :wink:

pedropete

agreed Jim, nothing new certainly not from me, i nick all my ideas from everyone else hahah as long as they catch, here's a few more ive begged and borrowed heavily on, "George" style leggy seatrout/isles wets on 10# various bodies and hackle configurations to suit.

Robbie

Lovely flies as usual Pete!

rannoch raider

Those look very tasty Pete. The palmered white hackle works really well there. Plenty of movement built in as well.

pedropete

cheers lads, ill bare that in mind if i ever get a bash at it properly..

Lochan_load

That won't go wrong! Really nice Pete, just need to get yourself on a sea trout loch now!

pedropete

aye cheers andy, yip that's it,all the geat..etc...haha

bibio1

Pete,

They are stunning.

Cheers

Paul

pedropete

pedropete

tied these today, not one of my own but from a fellow fisher and flytyer from Ireland,Martin McCoy, I really like his style of wet fly, this is one i really liked, trout, salmon and sea trout, these are on 12# love the colour combos. dare say its all been done before but i like them anyway. sort of a bumbly/georgy palmery wet..

Go To Front Page