News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Really like those Peters. Teal is a difficult material to play with. You've done brilliantly.

Need to get The vice out.

pedropete

thanks folks, they are quite bonny things, hope they fish half as well as they look on paper then ill be happy.

scoobyscott

Filling a new box for the winter [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

Nice Scott,  Purple seems to be gaining in popularity of late. Have you been out after the ladies yet ?

scoobyscott

No not yet. Starting to get cabin fever not wet a line for about a month! Going to try get to the Annan day next month if I can't get out before that

pedropete

been busy with shifts, still working away at my wild brown box..I say box, it's my old triple wooden number, I've pinched this one from my mate on Orkney Thorfinn Muir, one of the most creative and forward-thinking guys at the vice in my opinion.Clan cat..? size 10.

scoobyscott

pedropete

yea they are silver, I found a Cpl of pkts of fulling mill comp heavyweight 10# silver in the shop, I've just checked on F.M website, they have 8# and 10 in silver available..

Robbie

Whatever you call it its a cracking looking fly. Marabou is one material I under utilise, probably due to subconscious association with flies aimed at stocky bashing. yet another thing to remedy!

pedropete

robbie, I use it sparingly these days, I have no problem pulling a black and green or white and green/silver cat double for leven brown trout.

Go To Front Page