News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

cracking flies lads, always enjoy seeing the fruits of labour at the vice.

Lochan_load

No long shank 8's so this is a size 8 single Spey. Don't know if you can tell from the phot but this is a beast!
[attachimg=1]

Highlander

Andy try Bassarisk Monkey for Stoats Tails in fact anything requiring a black hair wing.
Bucktail is too stiff & dyed Squirrel a bit on the soft side though you can get away with that one.
Hair can be problematic in that it so easily can slip out the head after a few casts.. What I do is prepare the hair lengths before & lock them together with Veniard Floo Glue. A length of black tread pulled tight & knotted with a reef knot. Leave over night to dry. Also when finishing head a turn or two behind the wing & then a whip  at the end.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Clan Chief

braw flee Andy! Here is my first of the day! Persevering with the muddler them. best effort to date I think. Keeping it simple with one large hackle swept back then spinning the deerhair head!

Lochan_load

Alan I'll give that a go, With hair i Usually bind it down with 3 turns of thread trim it tapering toward the eye and then put on a few dabs of superglue and then more thread, also superglue the whole head before varnishing. I've finished a hairwing before and pulled the wing right out, pain in the arse, happens mostly with stoat and buck tail, fox is usually alright. Anyway here's another little stoats tail, copper stoat this time. Like this simple style[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And Allan that muddler is spot on, perseverance has definitely paid off.

Lochan_load

a soldier muddler, size 8, with blood Claret head. Got the deer hair from robdenson.co.uk. The deer hair is a bit dry but there's some interesting colours. This one did well for me up north last week in a size ten. No tail.[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Still on the muddlers!

scoobyscott

Lovely mufflers. Quick tie while waiting on the family getting ready  :roll:
Lance Evans carrot fly
[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Quill wings can be a real pain in the backside, some of these turned out ok:

Go To Front Page