News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

A bit scruffy, size 14 35050 black nickel

rannoch raider

Scruffier the better ! Bet they work a treat.

scoobyscott

On the bugs tonight, enjoying playing about with nymph skin and tinsel underbodies.  [attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3]

rannoch raider

Very nice Scott. I've been monkeying around with some of that sort of stuff myself. You've got some really clear segmentation going on there. Can I ask what you used for the bodies on two and three ?

pedropete

nice bugs Scott, looking really fishy! nice combination of materiels.

scoobyscott

Thanks... it's nymph skin just wrapped up in overlapping turns then coloured with sharpies

rannoch raider

There seems to be quite a few different brands around who are offering vinyl and latex materials for nymph bodies and backs and some are clearly better than others. I've not yet found a flat sheet type  that is thick enough to provide the clear and defined segments that you've managed there. I used to have a piece of material from a burst inflatable beach toy that was great for it but I think the wife must have binned it  :(

loch coulter

scoobyscott

Sorry RR just noticed your reply. This is the stuff I use, they do it in a range of colours but the clear (pictured ) is most versatile. Pm me your address and I'll send you a bit to play with[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Thanks for the kind offer Scott, much appreciated but no need as I've just managed to get some including two packs of the clear stuff.  :)

Go To Front Page