News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Jim, if you are tying Pogos make the foam wing cases a touch bigger than on mine in photo above, those still work, but are not  buoyant compared to the Stu Trippney originals I have.

Wildfisher

Effective flies don't get a much simpler than this nymph. Tail is hare fur, abdomen is copper wire, thorax hare fur dubbed onto the copper wire. No thread used.
Tied on a size 16 Fulling Mill grab gape which is 16 gape, 18 shank length.

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

The need to tie small stuff has opened my eyes to some really simple but supposedly very effective patterns. That wee nymph is right up my street right now.
Done a few simple Black Gnat type spinners with the simple flattened Grizzle wing in size 16.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2][attachimg=3]

Robbie

Couple of bead spiders:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

I've never seen that one before Robbie. I've been looking for the red beads to do a red headed Diawl Bach pattern.

Lochan_load

Brilliant robbie, bet Vaughan would like those! I've got some of these beads, keep meaning to tie some up

Bobfly

Shoosh !!!!!!!!! :8) :8)
Actually I think the ones to go for are the ones made by Tyers Beads from Colorado but they are hard to find. They make various glass beads and some have a silvered inner tube lining that is a bit like a mirror effect. That means that when you put on a lined bead its reflective glow back is always there but with an unlined bead put on a black hook or black thread or whatever then the glow is less strong.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

JimJams

Few ties from today, managed to take ALOT more material out to the desert this time, should keep me busy for the next 8 weeks.

Stonefly nymph

Random tie

Purple haze

rannoch raider

Very nice JJ, I do like that stonefly nymph. Your desert tying den looks very well organised and not quite the hell hole I imagined from your previous posts  :lol:

JimJams

For being literally a portacabin with a bed, bathroom and an aircon unit, it's surprisingly comfortable!

Go To Front Page