News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Ginger quill dhe
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Last one, ginger quill Klink. The quills are a bit delicate and a Pain to use but the effect is nice
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Very nice Andy. Where do you get your quills?

Lochan_load

Cheers, they are veniard ones Jim in ginger. Don't know if I would go as far to recommend them because I've had a couple of brittle ones but maybe thats just the nature of the beast? First time using stripped quills so hard to know what's the norm

Robbie

Very nice flies, quill bodies do look the business!

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]

CDC and Aero Wing. I have found this effective for difficult fish in smooth water where they are easy to spook. Just a variant of Hans Weilenmann's  CDC  & Elk replacing the heavier Elk / Deer Hair  wing with a small amount of dun Aero Wing.

Hard to see in fast water, but very easy to see on a smooth surface.  I might tie it even lighter or pull off a few of these CDC  and Aero Wing fibres before I fish it

Hans ties the original  here. It is very simple and quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iXWIS9dprM

rannoch raider

Loving that one Fred. These simple patterns are great. I like the way the body is constructed with minimum fuss.

Lochan_load

Got fed up doing these drab river flies  :P so had a go at using a couple of new materials I've had for a while, firstly kingfisher blue grizzle hen on a bumbly thing
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And some claret bronze mallard from natures spirit, good quality and a decent bag
[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Now that is a cracker, what's the body? The claret bronze mallard is really nice.

Go To Front Page