News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 06, 2017, 10:14:45 AM
Very much like the ones on the Garry website but I wouldn't worry too much about that, yours will fish as well as anything! Much better than the stuff I was throwing at them.
Tie a couple with a little weight to them (lead foil body) for a sink and draw retrieve. They will work, and are cheaper than the £10 a pop Loch Garry Fishing charges for flees!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

fergie

Really nice minnow copy there. Inchlaggan was something else when they were on the minnows. They just gorge on them. I never fished the natural minnow there but any lure that resembled a minnow was soon nailed.
I'd put Money on that fly doing  some damage.  :D

Bobfly

Send me any of those boys that don't make the cut - - - they all look great to me  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

Garry Minnow MK2

[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Lochan_load

Perfect! Stop now you'll be fine  :lol: just have to work on your casting arm now, you need to put in the hours up there!

JimJams

Haven't posted in ages due to this working abroad nonsense, but this time I took a few materials with me, I'm only verging on 30 but didn't realise how much I need my magnifier for tying small flies! Trying to varnish a head on these just isn't fun for me trying to strain!
Purple haze.
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

No doubt about it, tying the tiny river flies can be challenging if the eyesight ain't what it used to be. I know !  :shock:. There are some 'micro' threads on the market nowadays that are super strong and these help a lot as you can really bear down hard and don't need to bulk up heads etc by tying extra turns into securing materials. Another wee tip I was given is to moisturise your hands often as hard or ragged skin from 'working hands' can be enough to fray and break some delicate threads and materials used to tie small patterns. Just don't let the Mrs catch you in her cosmetics bag  :wink:

JimJams

My hands are absolutely destroyed with peeling finger tips etc, pricking my fingers several times a day (diabetic) coupled with the heat out here and the heat from flamespraying just dried them right out, I've got a pumice stone in my fly tying bag, give my hands a quick washing and scrub with that before tying and it really helps!
That o'keefes working hands cream does well too!

bibio1

the standard of tying on this thread is a  better collection  than anywhere else i've seen from traditional brownie fare to crocodile lures.

keep it coming.

Lochan_load

More brownie fare in the shape of some claret sedgehogs.....ill be onto spiders, nymphs and dries soon ;)[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page