News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Good to see the stuffs back out Eric, you stocking up for uist?  :D

Green peters today
[attachimg=1]

hopper

That's one i would like to repeat but the time is just wrong for me. I am off to the Tain area in May and Orkney mid August. Started to enjoy tying again, just got out of the habit.
You are tying some cracking stuff, your boxes must be bursting at the seams.

Lochan_load

Shame Eric be good to see you over there. My box is pretty bare Eric, none of it's for me  :roll:
I'll get round to doing some for myself when the season kicks off

bibio1

That's a shame Eric. Much later beyond the middle of September and it's winter up there. Anyway those hogs will do the business. They look very fishy.

Cheers

Paul

Robbie

Plenty of inspiration for some proper flies recently ;) too many flies and not enough time.

[attachimg=1]

bibio1

You've been reading the same websites as me.

rannoch raider

Camasunary Killer. What have you been reading then? Sea Trouty stuff ? ;-)

Robbie

Aye that's about right, Just about any website featuring Hebridean fishing mentions this fly!

hopper

That fly is a blast from the past Robbie, used to use it on the Luther and North Esk years ago and it held it's own for sea trout.

hopper

I'm certainly not trying to compete with Andy and i like his green peters, I got this pattern from a ghillie on Loch Conn many years ago and this was how they liked theirs, hairy red arsed green peters. Works great when you have mayfly or sedges about and a good wave.

[attachimg=1]

Tonights work, it's a bugger when there if football on at the same time.

Go To Front Page