News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Cheers   :D  rounding off with this, I've seen it listed as a grey ghost bumble but it's just a Kate variant,  I think the grey mallard improves the original  :worried
[attachimg=1]

Tyro

Hopefully Atkins Badger after reading manual for camera and FAQ for forum!

rannoch raider

Every one a belter ! You've got the tying mojo back then Andy !  :) Never heard of the Atkins Badger but you've done a nice job of it Len.

Tyro

Rannoch Raider
The Atkin's Badger although not mentioned in my copy of The Complete Illustrated Dictionary of Salmon and Steelhead Flies is in a great wee book I came across recently called A Practical Guide to Tying Salmon and Sea Trout Flies which is available via the Solihull Flydressers website. The book even comes with a DVD copy of all the flies and a number of You Tube videos showing various techniques. Most of the videos are by Davy McPhail but also a very good tyer known as Oneflyman. Highly recommended for about £13.
All I have to do now is catch a salmon!

Len

Lochan_load

Love the badger, wee bit different.
I had my mojo back but my wife's pals are coming for the bells so all my tying stuffs away til next year   :lol:

rannoch raider

We've had a toddling grand daughter over since Christmas until new year so I'm barred from 'messing the place up with hooks and feathers' until normality returns  :roll:

Wildfisher

An orange shrimp. it has 2 rear paddles, the other is round the other side.  :lol:

A dead easy and quick tie, I'll knock up a few less garish ones for Espana.   :8)

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Incidentally, I made the eyes, 2 minutes using these glass beads I got on Ebay for pennies, nylon and UV resin. A mix of glass beads and rods with all kinds of possibilities. It's extraordinary the range of  cheap "fly tying" materials these sewing suppliers have.   :8)

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

I saw the 'proper' glass bead eyes last time I was in GAC, ridiculous price!

Wildfisher

That pack of 500 mixed cost 0.99 with a further 0.90 P&P     :8)

Go To Front Page