News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sewin007

Tail is coq de leon and leggy bits are partridge neck feathers

Lochan_load

Another attempt with the funky fibre for my day chasing pike tomorrow, first time out this year, cannae wait

sewin007

Sure you will get some action with those flys, hope this rain stops for you tomorrow.

Lochan_load

I'm down Dumfries Stuart heading out early to try and miss the rain, not supposed to start til 1......we'll see!!

sewin007

haresear

Quote from: sewin007 on March 01, 2014, 11:53:14 PM
Alex, i dont have the skill, time or inclination to tye anything other than suggestive,  as long as the fly gets to the right depth quickly and it looks buggy, then we are half way there!
Stuart

That's my way of thinking too.

Alex
Protect the edge.

east wind

Quote from: admin on February 26, 2014, 10:00:31 AM
The standard of fly tying here on our excellent forum really is quite remarkable.

Agreed, time for someone to lower the standard  :) A March Bown & LDO dry spider, a bit shabby but very effective.

These two along with some versions of Hare's Lug and PTN nymphs are probably all I will need for around the first six weeks of the season

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

bibio1

I like them....i always larf when people go on about the jingler. Mostfolk have being using that on the clyde for the last 50 years. It was the first fly i used to catch a clyde trout.

Wildfisher

A woolly bugger version of Malcolm's Endrick Bug. Size 8 long shank with a 3.5 MM tungsten bead

[attachimg=1]

cookiescrumbs

Not today but last week tied up some tiny size 14 muddlers
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Go To Front Page