News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Hairs ear sedge

Wings done with varnished hen pheasant hackle pulled tight

Lochan_load

Was reading roobarbs reports from uist last night and it's got me dreaming of stickleback feeding trout, hopefully get over there one day to try this......

Wildfisher

brown troot

Crackers Andy, I am nicking your hairs ear sedge lol I like it a lot  :D

Lochan_load

Cheers folks, a day off so managed to get a few done ;)

Your right Andy, think I have a problem with boar bristles! Currently tying a boar bristle daddy!!

Wildfisher

Prince Nymph size 10 (3.5 mm tungsten bead). This is a get it down there fly. I fish it on a dropper with light nymph on the tail. Upstream technique.

Tied not with goose biots, which last 2 minutes or one fish  if you are lucky, but with v's cut from the tips of brown and white hen hackles coated with UV resin.

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Right last one today (can you tell I'm putting of tiling my bathroom!?)

lochgarryfisher

That last one Lochan, the daddy is spectacular, you have far too much patience knotting the legs like that and how you have managed to get the legs to sit so evenly spaced i dinny ken, i have tried and tried and given up.

Lochan_load

Cheers mate, the first set I just tied over the detached body, moved forward a couple of mm and lashed on the next set with figure 8's, clipped of excess and superglued, the last set I tied straight forward and the bent back into place, after that just went through with a tight dubbing which holds it all in place, was easier than it looks but am really happy with it. The detached body is the cream hair from your deers arse, stacked and then segmented with olive tying thread, like I said earlier anything put off f@;:<in tiling!!

Lochan_load

I know the Peter Ross is a really popular fly on here! had a go at changing it a wee bit to see if I can actually get a fish on one!!  Think it needs a wee bit more red

Go To Front Page