News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki1312

Some smashing tying getting showed just now , right i'm away to the local shop before it closes . Time to get the finger out and get the fly swap flees underway ....... :8)
Every day is a school day

Tyro

Some lovely flees on here. I particularly like that sedgehog. Have tied a few but find that mine tend to lie on their side in the water. Perhaps I need to dub in more of a body.
Have a recent camera but damned if I can get it to focus onto anything smaller than a small tin of Vaseline. Don't ask! Otherwise I would put some flees up. Have to go and dig out the old Pentax K1000 and close up lenses. If the wife has not got rid of them.

Len

Lochan_load

Cheers folks, Len try using a bit less deer hair and when your tying it in hold it really firm, the thread tends to pull the hair round the back of the fly, if you keep the wing central to the hook shank it should sit straight, hope that makes sense!

Tyro

Thanks for that Lochan Lad. Miserable day outside so probably go and set up the vice now and have another go at some sedge hogs.

Len

Lochan_load

Get on it, you know it makes sense! 

Andy

brown troot

Good to see you posting again Lochan _ Load, cracking flys again mate  :D

brown troot

Okkney peach bumble, one for a wave
[attachimg=1]

bushy palmer

Bloody hell! this thread has been busy since my last visit! :shock:

Anyway, a rather rare thing for me today- a Saturday off. So I've been busy and made a start on a box of foamy things.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

brown troot

They foam flys look bang on bushy palmer, will have to get a few made up  :D

brown troot

Orkney peach Dabbler
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page