News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guddler

Crackers! I always mean to try Clousers for seatroots but never get around to it.

Otter Spotter

looks like you got the hang of the epoxy andy, cracking looking flies!
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Wildfisher

Otter Spotter

Now you are just showing off  :makefun
:lol:
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Buanán

Aye, these look good. Was tying a bit myself today and managed to stick myself good with a size 10 treble. Quite deep. By the time I'd got the hook round I was up to the hilt with only the very point poking out. I snipped the prong but the butt just vanished into the meat. Pushing and prodding was no good with just the two hands, the neighbour almost fainted at the suggestion of assistance, so I made the trip to the doc's in kyle.

Got seen really quickly and the young doc was great. In the end it was a combined effort, the doc pushing the butt end in and holding some tweesers either side of the point and pressing down and me desperately trying to grip the point with his fancy micro grips. The doc was giving me an encouraging running commentary, "every time you do that it's coming a little more". Got the bastard in the end.

A wee bit nippy, but not as bad as getting it numbed then cut prodded then stitched. That would have put me out of action for a week or so. Looks like the sea trout'll be spared the treble devil this year  :lol:

ianthedon

wow super fleas rhubarb, care to share the dressings for those dunkelds???

ianthedon

I have a good lot of the original mosaic  :D cheers mate much appreciated, the look deadly, the teal fleas do it for me as well, I take it they are exactly what it says on the tin? superb choice of hooks really sets the whole thing off!!

mantog

I tied up some CDC emergers and decided to see if they work!

mantog

I have my doubts, it is very small ...

Harpo

Go To Front Page