News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

I know what you mean about the duns and they don't always work for me. The clyde style wet March Brown is a good fly for me even when they are rising everywhere it is noticeable at times that despite huge number coming down they aren't on the duns. I suspect that they prefer the rising nympph. Have you noticed that they start rising a few minutes before the main hatch erupts? They must be on the nymph at that point.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Chief

I tied this and a few others yesterday.   

Wildfisher

Nice one. I like the background, nice one!   :D

bushy palmer

This sunshine had me thinking of the lochs in summer this morning. Tied some of these:
[attachimg=1]

bushy palmer

Couple of differnt colours
[attachimg=1]

bibio1

great lookin flees. need to get some of them sorted for orkney

cheers

paul

bushy palmer

Tied a few of these last night.

Last spring when we had a hot spell some Iron Blues put in an appearance on the river and many trout fell foul to this. I more-or-less use this fly or very similar for any upwing.

Normally I tie these on a 14 which seems to be a good place to start however I find if I get a lot of offers which don't connect changing a size or two down helps to connect with more.

The one in the picture is a size 20
[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

Some nice muddlers there guys  :8) Bibio thats some nice MB's I've been knocking up a few emergers and a load of Jinglers  :pat in the hope of catching a hatch in full swing. No posted on her for a while so heres a couple c+c always welcome [attachimg=1]

bibio1

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page