News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Looks like a good fly for lochstyle seatrout.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Robbie

Have been reading Angling Lines and have noticed that the Ke-He is mentioned quite frequently.  Not a fly i have used before so i thought i would tie a few up:

Robbie

Part-time

Nice Ke-He Robbie; one of, if not my favorite wet flies for the lochs. I prefer them with the herl body tied slimmer like yours has rather than the traditional plumper body.

Clan Chief

That's a beautifully tied flee there Robbie.

Tim

In Shetland a couple of years ago the local boys were very keen on a black ke-he - black peacock herl/ black hackle - and sent us off with a handful. Worked there and have worked for me since on the mainland!

Tim

Robbie

Thanks for all the kind comments  :D I will be heading over to the west coast at the start of April so will hopefully give it a try then.

Read somewhere that the pattern originally had a black hackle, was planning to tie a few of these up as well.

Robbie

lnelson20

Very nice Derek,you should do very well with those :)

Chris.
c.nelson

Clansman

I've been tying up some Blae & Black. Here is my best attempt yet

River Chatter

Good job on that one WB.  It's always been a lucky fly for me.

Black-Don

here's an " Ombudsman " fly I tied up for the loch Nymphs thread the other night.

It's underwired with two layers of copper wire. The hackle is supposed to be a wee bit softer than the one I've used but this was the softest I had without using a hen hackle as a cock hackle is specified. This one is taken from a chinese neck.

Apparently they're supposed to imitate larvae and nymphs of the alder fly but I'm sure I read somewhere they were supposed to be caddis imitations also.

Go To Front Page