News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

breathable waders

Started by johnsd, December 15, 2006, 09:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I bought 2 pairs of cheap Snowbee "Classic"  breathables  (stocking foot)  last year. One for me one for Martin. They were the last years models (superseded) and I got them for 30 quid / par (dealer price). Very comfy, no problems so far have used them for float tubing and on the river. I would not expect  to get more than a  few seasons out of them before they leak, you have to be realistic such material – no matter what you pay - will withstand brambles etc. Always carry a tube of that Snowbee sun-cure stuff (or equivalent) to be safe. There is nothing worse than leaky waders for making a bad day worse

haresear

QuoteI bought a pair of the snowbee top of the range breathables last year (after a few mishaps the year before with some cheap ones).  They're good - but they're moulded rubber foot arrangement (instead of the stocking foot) is a bit of a pain.  They don't have a sizethat fits me so I've had to get a pair that are too big.  And they are so big they don't really fit into my boots...won't be using them again.

Me too Swithun. I have a pair in the tackle graveyard I call "the loft".
Those Snowbee ones with the moulded flexible rubber feet are  a good idea in principle, but damned uncomfortable. I'm sure they must fit someone perfectly, but I'm not that person. They need to get the material for the feet right, or abandon the design.

Alex

Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

The problem with the moulded feet is that they were designed to prevent wear and therefore leakage at the most common leak point in stocking foot waders – the foot. I have these in breathable and neoprene and can't say I find them at all uncomfortable. Perhaps the answer is to buy boot-foot?

Fishtales

2Lb 4oz lighter than an Argos tent :)

Glacier Glove Stocking Foot Fishing Waders

Second one down in this search.

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xDN-clothing--ap_athletic_sport_type_fishing-sierra_trading_post_uk
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

haresear

QuotePerhaps the answer is to buy boot-foot?

Personally, I'm not keen on boot foots. I find walking in the stocking foot jobs so much better.
I use several types of boots and at the moment I use Simms, Guideline and Korkers. I had Visions too. They were good, but heavy.  Korkers are really useful because you can change the sole to a cleated sole for walking, and just carry the studded felt soles for when you get there. I use the Korkers Outfitter boots.
The Simms have been fine so far, but I don't like the way the stitching is exposed at the sole. Looks like a design weakness to me.
The Guidelines ones are really light but comfortable and have tunsten studs which are much better than standard studs for durability.

Fred, I'm glad Snowbee's moulded feet fit someone.

For waders, at the moment (not right now, cause I'm at work :shock:) I'm using Simms. They are very comfortable and well designed, but far, far too expensive. I might pick up another pair in Canada next summer, but would not pay UK prices again.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Tim

Got a pair of snowbee nylon with felt sole bootfoot last year - lot less sweaty than neoprene annd you can fold down to waist easily for walking. Look tough but will have to see how they last.

Also have an awesome pair of PVC bootfoots which are the exact replica of a green bin bag. Twinned with a pair of surfing slipper things they are the only choice for the fashionable hill loch fisher. Only paid a tenner and they've lasted 3 times as long as expected (3 weeks fishing).

Tim

haresear

QuoteAlso have an awesome pair of PVC bootfoots which are the exact replica of a green bin bag.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Tim.
Protect the edge.

haresear

QuoteIn saying that the front pocket comes in handy for the spam and there is still room for a can of guinness

I would forget the spam and take two Guinness

Alex
Protect the edge.

johnsd

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam Monty  Python I think :lol: :lol: :lol:
yer going where

haresear

Nah, prefer my version. Guinness Guinness Guinness Guinness, Hic, Guinness, Fart,  :shock: Guinness....

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page