News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Reels

Started by Clan Chief, September 14, 2018, 10:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

I'm thinking of getting a new reel during the close season at some point. Nothing expensive of course and was looking at the Daiwa Wilderness.  I was wondering if anyone on here has any knowledge of these reels or could perhaps recommend a reel.
Oh and I don't like noisy reels.

SoldierPmr

I can't comment on the reel as I've never used one but I do rate the rest of the wilderness kit. The flouro they used to do was also the most reliable I ever used. The waist coat I was wearing is also a wilderness one I bought for £20 about 5 years ago with a lot of heavy use.

Clan Chief

A Scierra Track 1 has been brought to my attention it looks decent and the price is right.. Will look into this .

Noddy

I would suggest going into GAC if you don't like noisy reels and trying the ones on display.  I also don't like noisy reels and use a Vision Koma, I mostly fish a small river and it does the job for me.

Jim

Wildfisher

My suggestion would be avoid die case reel bodies like the plague, the slightest dent with distort the body and potentially ruin your days fishing. This has happened to me. Pay a bit extra and buy a reel  CNC machined  from solid bar stock and it will last lifetime.

sagecirca

The Hardy Ultralite range usually fall to half price around this time of year as they release a newer model.  Probably a bit more expensive than the Daiwa but they are solid reels for half the RRP.

bibio1

I would second that. Even the first edition is still a brilliant reel. The disc drag is amongst the best I've seen.

Bobfly

GAC have their summer sale on just now with quite a few reels reduced like a Scierra Traxion. Worth going in and having a spin along the reel racks to get a good feel from the dozens lined up there. Quite a number of good cassete systems now too.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Clan Chief

Gonna have a look in there next week!

Bobfly

They have a weekend bonanza event on the 22nd 23rd so steer clear of then  !!!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page