News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wellies

Started by Hill loch gold, May 29, 2017, 08:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill loch gold

I'm looking for a half decent pair of wellies.

Had a pair of these

[attachimg=2]

They had very little use and the rubber started cracking and splitting on the shin of the right boot. Sent them back under warranty and got refunded. I'm now looking for a new pair before I head away in a few weeks time.

Any advice on what to buy?

Inverguseran

Hunter wellies were great until production moved abroad, I now use Sherwood wellies. Had them for five years, very comfy and not expensive either.

SoldierPmr

Aigle are meant to be good value for money though I have not tried them my self. I also have a pair of hunters I can't complain really they don't look too durable but they are comfy and fairly gripy I've also put them through their paces they are only 5 months old though and had alot of hard use so far with no issue so far.

free the bees

Avoid hunters.  No where near as good as they used to be

I have muckboots and they get worn every day for dog walks and still going strong 3 years on.  Plus shooting and a few trips to some hill lochs in them. 

Before them I had Le Chameau, but they are outwith my budget now but were great wellies. 

The one downside I would have about muck boots is that they are heavier than Le Chameau.  But that doesn't bother me. 

Highlander

QuoteHunter wellies were great until production moved abroad

Is nothing sacred  :roll:

I have Aigle & other than they are a bit tight in the calf have lasted well.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

emc

Always had Hunters while they were made in the UK - but wouldn't buy another pair now.

Use Aigle now and haver never regretted changing. A bit heavier than Hunters - that's probably why they last longer. :roll:

Lochan_load

Quote from: Highlander on May 29, 2017, 09:35:34 PM

they are a bit tight in the calf

Tight Lines

You can't blame the wellies for that  :lol:

Bobfly

Summer  time ... Aigle.  Winter time ... Seeland.
The sole pattern on the Danish made Seeland wellies is excellent.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Part-time

Quote from: Bobfly on May 30, 2017, 12:07:21 AM
Summer  time ... Aigle.  Winter time ... Seeland.
The sole pattern on the Danish made Seeland wellies is excellent.

Ditto - current posh wellies are Aigle withe the 'outlast' lining which are very good so far. I had Seeland ones previously and they were very good and probably more rugged than Aigles; I'd have got Seeland again but the deal on the Aigle's was to good to let pass by.

For work wellies the NZ made Skellerup are the best I've used - not light but very comfy and indestructible so far.

Laxdale

Nora Dolomite for me. Fantastic grip and comfortable to walk miles in. Several  keepers wear them over here as well as farmers.

Go To Front Page