News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Design flaw....

Started by sagecirca, April 04, 2017, 08:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Quote from: claretbumble on May 14, 2018, 05:53:19 PM
Everyone seems to be into stockingfoot waders ..... I prefer bootfoot, and they last ages.

The bootfoots aren't so great for walking in though. Sometimes I wear felt solrs and sometimes rubber, so the stockingfoots give you that option. Also I occasionally wade wet in warm weather with just the wading boots.

On the subjcet of wading gear. Some of you will remember our former member Piscatus Absentis who used a pair of crocs with a piece of doormat glued on as soles :lol:
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

:lol: :lol: Fabulous !  :lol:

SoldierPmr

And did it work on bedrock? :lol:

haresear

Protect the edge.

Lochan_load

"Make sure she gets some on her hands and top"  :lol:

burnie

When I bought my new stocking foot neoprenes I sent them straight to Diver Dave in Aberdeen, been using them for years with no leaks, I sweat like hell on warm days and sometimes wish they did leak a bit to cool me down  :D

Lochan_load

Waders are the bane of my life, I've got boots I'm happy with now but never found waders that last long drip free. I've just bought bostik 2402 to paint the seams for the season on my waist and chest waders. It's rubbery glue for wetsuits and dinghys etc, I dilute it down a bit so it's not too thick.

bibio1

I still use the Simms lace boots. The cheese wire to me seems a mental design that is destined the fail. I like a design that is adaptable and can be fixed. If your away how the fk do you fix cheese wire. I good lace can be made from braiding backing.

I got a pair of Patagonia waders given to me. Mid priced but worth it. Simms in my view are milking the market. I've not checked but I bet accountants have taken over the business instead of fishermen. A wading staff years ago was one piece of kit. It's now been split into 3 components. To me that means the company is just in it to fleece it's customers.

We shouldn't be surprised. It's the way of fishing companies. Are there any that are customer focussed?

Laxdale

I watched a bloke replace a broken wire on his boot in under 10 minutes a fortnight ago.....even with a few drams in him!
I have to admit to getting a pair of G4s in a sale over the winter. No sign of the wire cutting the boot after three weeks use, involving long days and lots of walking.
One thing I have noticed is that the boot is very stiff around the ankle, which means I am having difficulty adjusting my balance like I used to.
Not just me. My mate the ghillie got a pair at the same time, and when I told him the problems with keeping my balance, he said, "Thanks for telling me that. I have the same problem and thought I was just getting doddery in my old age"!

Robbie

I just purchased some new wading boots, didn't go for the boa laces primarily because of some of the concerns raised in this thread.

But the assistant was happy to sing the praises of the system, to be fair the Hodgman boots did look fairly robust. What was interesting the that he mentioned the boa laces have a life time warranty and the shop recommends anyone buying boots using this system to immediately submit a warranty claim so that they have a spare set of wires just in case. He also said that the wires are very easy to replace.

The advice to always have a spare set of wires seems sound enough but does not fill you with confidence in the system..

Go To Front Page