News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Small Buzzers

Started by Havtafish, April 28, 2006, 08:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Havtafish

Ive been tying up a few small buzzers for Gladhoose. Ive done pretty good with these just floating them on the breeze. I tie them on a TMC 200R. Really good hooking power. These are size 20's. I usually tie them in Tan, Olive, Black, Brown. This year Ill be making up some bright green as Ive seen a couple belting hatches there

haresear

QuoteIve been tying up a few small buzzers for Gladhoose

Nice to see you are picking up the lingo H.

It is also nice to see you are tying buzzers on realistic hook sizes.

On most rainbow (sorry for the language) waters, guys are using "buzzers" on size 10s and 8s and are pernickety about the pattern!!!!!
Protect the edge.

Havtafish

Aye

I didnae ken alot of what folk were sayin when I first got here. :shock:  After my first night on the river,  I told my wife when I got home that this guy was calling me "ken" all night. I didn't understand because I remember clearly introducing myself as Scott. I described what he was sayin ken. Then she asked me if he said it at the end of the sentence. I said yes. She  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Those wee midge have done good for me with the midge flash for the wing buds

haresear

Protect the edge.

haresear

QuoteHave I got competition?  Fantastic!

Naw Swithun, Havta hus goat ri gista oor lingo. Yoor still too hord tae unnerstaun. Nae competition. :)
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Scott, how do you fish these tiny buzzers? Static?

Havtafish

Yes. Creeping figure 8 if its calm. Or if theres a breeze the standard let the wind swing it round. I usually mud the leader so theres none laying on the surface.

Wildfisher

You certainly have tied quite a few of them as I can see from the photo. What materials do you use?

Havtafish

Abdomen: Tying thread Uni 8/0 colour to suit
Rib: Extra Fine Largantun Wire (silver on black, copper on the rest of the colours)

Thorax: Wapsi Superfine(colour to match or any shade to match)
Wing Buds: 2-3 strands of Midge Flash   or just 2 of Standard crystal Flash
Hook: TMC 200R which I prefer in 20, 22 as there 3X long or TMC 2487
I like to tie in a one'r Fred. Get it over with. Usually only take out material for one pattern and tie 2 dozen. This way my tying bench doesnt turn into a nuclear bomb site.

jonboy

Crackin lookin buzzers , will be tying a few up 2day, a point in question for hareslug , there are 100s of 1000s of species of chironimids ranging from micro dots to bout 1 inch long as pupa , so why not a size 10 hook for some patterns? a lot of traditional patterns ie, pennels get taken for buzzers and  most people have it in size 10 - 16.

tightlines jonboy.

Go To Front Page