News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

GAC open weekend 28th/1st/2nd March

Started by Highlander, February 26, 2014, 12:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Is slide into Chinese grub in any way indicative of GAC or their open weekend?   :lol:

bibio1

Gac has become a bit of a supermarket and by no means best value. My wife bought me a present from there at christmas. She didnt know what to get me so asked someone. I got a pair of simms underpants for £26. I went mental at them. Ive spent alot in there over the years but thats takin the piss.

Wildfisher

Quote from: bibio1 on March 02, 2014, 12:10:09 PM
I got a pair of simms underpants for £26.

Aye that's ridiculous for Simms underpants. You would expect a pair of Sage fast action underpants for that kind of money.  :lol:

bibio1

I prefer a slow to medium action. Im gettin on a bit.

scobo

These must be Sage, they're made in America.  :lol:

Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Wildfisher

So getting back to the original  topic ..............................................   food.   :lol:

I think I'll use the local Indian kerry oot this evening.  Order on line and pick up. But what shall I have?    :?

http://almadinaletham.co.uk/

scobo

Had one last night, a chicken tikka Chasni.
Top notch nosh !
Scott

"Fly fishing is my prozac"

Wildfisher

I went for one of yon set meals where you can choose the main curry.

Vegetable Pakora starter - with green salad & chilli dip  (10 pakoras)
Chicken Pathia
Pilau Rice
Plain nan the size of an Argos one man tent
2  poppadoms
onion chutney

I  could not possibly eat all that, I have split it in two and it will feed me tomorrow too.

Not bad for £11.40   :shock:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on March 02, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Did you seriously walk in and say Hello i'll go for one of YON set meals there :lol: and how many pakoras do you get in the poke?(with a shrewd aberdonian furrowed brow) :lol:

No, but I'll grant you this:   there would be a far greater chance of that happening than me going to GAC to watch boring fly tying demos or indeed queuing to get Paul Young's autograph  :D

Hill loch gold

I've been up at the open wknds in the past but not anymore. You do get the odd good deal at the gac but the vast majority of the time you can find what you're looking for cheaper elsewhere.

Go To Front Page