News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

rexfly casting system

Started by scoobyscott, January 26, 2014, 06:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

I can't figure out how to post a link from my phone. Its basically a reel attachment that allows you to detach the reel from rod whilst fishing then slide the reel back on if need be. The holder is strapped to your chest so it can be used as a rod holder too. Looks quite handy for bugging or retying leaders/flies whilst wading. Has anyone seen/ used this before? What's your thoughts, just a gimmick?

Squigster

Is this thing you are looking for (start at 5.40 in)   Fishing Britain - Catch Dee Grayling

Have to say I think it's got 10 minute wonder written all over it

alancrob

I thought rods were designed to balance with the reel? Surely removing the reel spoils this balance.

A.

Wildfisher

What a load of nonsense.  Can you imagine hooking a big wild fish on  some river and struggling to plug the reel back into the rod? This is a certain road to losing big fish. It is perhaps the daftest fly fishing gizmo I have seen for years if not ever.

scoobyscott

:-[:o That's the one, don't think I'll pursue that, thanks

scoobyscott

Quote from: admin on January 27, 2014, 11:06:50 AM
What a load of nonsense.  Can you imagine hooking a big wild fish on  some river and struggling to plug the reel back into the rod? This is a certain road to losing big fish. It is perhaps the daftest fly fishing gizmo I have seen for years if not ever.
Why aren't the magazine reviews like this lol

Highlander

QuoteIt is perhaps the daftest fly fishing gizmo I have seen for years if not ever.

It is certainly up there.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

I'm certain someone will be working on a band new must have fly line profile to go along with it right now.  I am convinced  these things are designed by people who do little or no real fishing.  :roll:

The last thing you need when you hook a good fish is to be faffing about fiddling with gismos.

alancrob

QuoteThe last thing you need when you hook a good fish is to be faffing about fiddling with gismos.

Just for future reference......what should you do?   :?

A

Harpo

If I ever feel that my trout fishing is getting too complicated or I am tempted by gizmo
I watch the tv shows about carp fishing and I feel better again :D

http://youtu.be/vt4d5eeCOck

Go To Front Page