News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Silver Tipped Ke- He

Started by Highlander, March 08, 2008, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Just A wee flee that I have been playing about with for a few years. Slight variant on the original which does work. Not being clever as I don't do clever just thought I would share it with you.

Standard dressing but with a silver flat tinsel rear & ribbed with fine silver wire. Fly shown on a size 14 hook
Tip: Note the GP tippets where they are tied in, good tying practice to always pick a point when tying in a tail & the front black markings on Golden Pheasant are a good starting point. Gives that wee bit of uniformity when in a fly box pleasing to eye & somtime's the fish who after all have the last say in all matters piscatorial

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Looks deadly. The normal ke-he is a sound fly, but oddly one I tend not to use so much these days. Remember using it last season (although I can’t remember where) and catching a few fish. Must tie up a few for this season.

np01

Looks great! Has a profile not dissimilar to a cruncher - became a big fan of the Orange Ke-He last year, had a few days where it was the only pattern that seemed of interest to daphnia feeders. Also have become enamoured of crunchers - my most consistent middle dropper last year was a scarlet cruncher, worked from the Lothians to Caithness.

Scotaidh

Just tied one of these up, got a really good fishy look about it! 

thanks

Graeme

Nice fly.  I still use a Ke-He but have had a lot more success with the one using a black hackle as opposed to the Red Game.  Anyone else experienced this ?

Go To Front Page