News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Waders.

Started by JimJams, February 04, 2015, 10:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimJams

Anyone have a definitive guide to waders?

I've got a set of bootfoot neoprenes, but i do alot of float-tubing and been looking at stocking foot's.

I know the diffferences between pvc and neoprene but what is breathable, zip up's etc etc?

aliferste

No matter how much you spend and what brand you buy they are always just about to leak!

I use stockingfoot with my floattube - I put on some diving boots and diving flippers!

Part-time

I find breathable stocking foot waders work fine for me - rivers, burns, lochs and occasional float tubing. So long as there is a bit of room in them When its colder conditions I've found layering up with thermals and fleece trousers keeps me warm enough with them when tubing early/late or winter/spring grayling&salmon.

I tend not to use waders on most of the hill lochs I fish. Wading is better on some however and if there is a bit of a hike in I prefer to carry my waders rather than wear them. You can carry the boots as well (or some folk wear them and wear waterproof socks) but I've started taking zip up neoprene diving boots instead as very light weight and packable.

For bombproof waders the Ocean PVC ones are the best I've used but not the most comfortable in hot, cold or a bit of walking involved.   

JimJams

Thanks for the reply's. I'm kinda stuck to buying some breathables now as i stuck a drunk bid in on some wading boots the other night and forgot and won them today! Ah well!

hopper

Stick them back on the auction site finishing on a Friday or Saturday night you might get someone with even more drink in them putting in a bid.  :lol:

JimJams

"even more" would be difficult mate  :o

Go To Front Page