News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

REplacement Flippers / Fins

Started by johnny boy, March 20, 2014, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny boy

Hi Guys

I am looking to replace my Orvis fins for float tubing.  I have been thinking about getting some decent flippers rather than the sort little plastic types you usually get free, possibly some suitable for diving, hopefully they will work a little better as well and help move about with less effort.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on a pair i should consider ?

Thanks

Bobfly

I have used ones which I think are called Caddis Creek for many years. Certainly better power than the standard open frame heel style of black cheap ones but wider sized proper wading boots will not go into the fairly narrow entry of the Caddis Creeks. I wear cut down neat fitting wellies as the boots.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

johnny boy

That's one of the things i was worried about.  I use my Ocean hard wearing rubber style waders when fishing close to the road but use my breathables with wading boots when travelling any real distance into the moor.

This is usually to save wear and tear on the more expensive breathable waders.

Ideally i would like a pair of flippers which can fit either comfortably, if that's possible.

oystercatcher

I purchased these Seacsub Propulsion 4x4 open heel fins with quick release spring straps for around £48. They are now on sale for around £53. Have not had the opportunity yet to try out.

Go To Front Page