News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

jackets and bib and brace

Started by loch coulter, February 20, 2014, 08:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

looking for some ideas on 3/4 lengh jackets and bib and brace, need to be warm and completely waterproof for boat fishing. :?

Suki1312

Quote from: loch coulter on February 20, 2014, 08:22:14 PM
looking for some ideas on 3/4 lengh jackets and bib and brace, need to be warm and completely waterproof for boat fishing. :?

Like a needle in a haystack to find totally waterproof , There not cheap but go onto cabelas site they are as good as you get .
Every day is a school day

jaybee

Maybe not the safest gear to wear in a boat but I use waist length stocking foot waders (completely waterproof) and a Patagonia jacket (a tad expensive) and the weather has never penetrated the outer boundary and I have been in some pretty heavy downpours lasting many hours. On the safety side I always wear a life jacket and I use a belt around my waist so  hopefully I won't sink if I fall in.

I have tried many bib and brace type set ups even the expensive models and they have all let me down. My logic is that waders are designed for standing in water all day and if complemented with a decent jacket you end up with a waterproof boundary.  :D

Jim

loch coulter

Quote from: jaybee on February 20, 2014, 10:42:32 PM
Maybe not the safest gear to wear in a boat but I use waist length stocking foot waders (completely waterproof) and a Patagonia jacket (a tad expensive) and the weather has never penetrated the outer boundary and I have been in some pretty heavy downpours lasting many hours. On the safety side I always wear a life jacket and I use a belt around my waist so  hopefully I won't sink if I fall in.

I have tried many bib and brace type set ups even the expensive models and they have all let me down. My logic is that waders are designed for standing in water all day and if complemented with a decent jacket you end up with a waterproof boundary.  :D

Jim
never thought about the stocking foot breathables, so thats the bottom half sorted, cheers Jim.

Tommy.

Lochan_load

I can second the breathables, scierra waist waders are really comfy, I've fallen in with them and a waterproof jacket ( like a right totty) and stood up dry

Go To Front Page