News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recommend Mail Order Tackle Companies

Started by Wildfisher, January 03, 2008, 12:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

just been to Harris sportsmail website to order a vision koma reel ,best deal i could find ?54.99 but when i got to the checkout the postage was  united kingdom, England and wales 5.99.eh! wheres Scotland ?.so i scrolled down the menu and found united kingdom, Scotland and northern ireland ?12.99.feckin hell separation is here ,Alex salmond will be happy.
p.s they can shove the reel up their arses. :shock: :x

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

I stopped dealing with Harris Sportsmail a few years back. When they were just  Sportsmail the service was great. Two orders in a row they sent the wrong  thing and both times it took over a week to arrive. Fair enough eventually they sent the correct thing and let me keep the two wrong items (cheap fly < ?20 lines)  but twice in a row was just too much and told me something was amiss.

drumgerry

Fred - from my reading of various pike lure fishing forums I think there may have been an ownership change at Harris Sportsmail back then - perhaps that explains the drop in service standards.  They used to be good though - I bought my old Hardy Marquis 7 from them years ago (pre-internet) and the service was top notch.

Cheers

Gerry

silverbutcher

Just ordered some stuff for the first time from Rutlandfishing on Monday afternoon about 2.00pm and it was waiting for me yesterday when I got home from work. Quick service and good prices.

Gold beads ?3 per 100
hooks        ?5 per 100

Billy

nant_fisher

Ordered some stuff off of Glasgow Angling Centre on monday evening and it came yesterday. Not used any other mail order tackle companie but GAC was very quick.
Adventure time

fredaevans

Quote from: Clan Ford on January 03, 2008, 06:12:43 PM
I'd be interested Fred, I buy the odd bit tackle from over the pond.  It would be nice to check out a few reliable retailers.

Norm

First, I'm putting these up in no particular order, but I know each does a heck of a lot of 'mail order' business in the UK. (Don't let the their web site 'put you off,' some are very well done ... some not so well done. But that has zero to do with their business. fae)

Red Shed Fly Shop

Flyfishusa

Gorge Fly shop

Hillsdiscountflies

All these (just happens that way) are located here in the PNW, but all (as we Americans would say) are "straight shooters." And they know all about your Vat/et al taxes and how to possibly 'dodge that bullet.'

Fred

Clan Ford

Otter Spotter

Rather than start  new thread...

Just had to cancel an order at FF&FT. I ordered 10 Tapered Leaders and the order was acknowledged.
10 days went past and  still no update on the order from FF&FT, so I sent an e-mail enquiring about the status of the order. (In the meantime I had ordered and received goods from both GAC and Fliesonline - their klinks are really good value and effective!!) - No response. After 2 weeks I tried phoning them and it took me the best part of half a dy to get beyong the engaged tone. On speaking to the lady I was informed that the items I was after were not in stock... I cancelled the order.

In this modern age of instant communication they made (for me at least) the unforgivable mistake of ignoring me, a paying customer. Any update on my order to the effect that they were waiting for stock, alebit inconvenient to me, would have been enough for me to wait.
Clearly thay are turning so much business that they can afford to ignore people trying to give them money. Never shall I darken their order book again.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

emc

Quote from: Otter Spotter on July 27, 2010, 02:32:23 PM
Rather than start  new thread...

Just had to cancel an order at FF&FT. I ordered 10 Tapered Leaders and the order was acknowledged.
10 days went past and  still no update on the order from FF&FT, so I sent an e-mail enquiring about the status of the order. (In the meantime I had ordered and received goods from both GAC and Fliesonline - their klinks are really good value and effective!!) - No response. After 2 weeks I tried phoning them and it took me the best part of half a dy to get beyong the engaged tone. On speaking to the lady I was informed that the items I was after were not in stock... I cancelled the order.

In this modern age of instant communication they made (for me at least) the unforgivable mistake of ignoring me, a paying customer. Any update on my order to the effect that they were waiting for stock, alebit inconvenient to me, would have been enough for me to wait.
Clearly thay are turning so much business that they can afford to ignore people trying to give them money. Never shall I darken their order book again.

It's certainly worth airing these things. I was always taught, and used to follow slavishly, the fact that one satisfied customer might occasionally tell some one else if asked. A dissatisfied customer would on average tell ten people. This must be greatly magnified by a forum like this.

I wonder if any companies look at forums like these to assess their performance - they can't all be business morons........ surely, or are they too a** to realise :?

Go To Front Page