News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

POLAROIDS

Started by Moray, February 17, 2010, 11:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moray

I know there will have been a fair bit covered on these but just a bit of advice would be great.
Well as I seem to have misplaced (oops :lol:) my specs for the fishing I thought it may be worthwhile splashing out on a proper pair of polarised glasses.

Now, Question time -
Are they really worth the extra cash?
What colour lens is best? (I've heard copper as copes best with changing weather)

But main thing is I buy a lanyard for them at the same time!!

Moray

IrishFloatTube

Quote from: Moray on February 17, 2010, 11:34:41 AM
Sorry, also meant to ask about glasses steaming up   :x  .  What is the best stuff to put on them to try and reduce this.

Just store them in a warm pocket so they are not cold when putting them on.
It is a cold lens in proximity to moisture laden air or exhaled breath that causes steaming up.

Malcolm

Moray,

I use Smith Optics sunglasses http://www.smithoptics.com/Interlock_Category_132.html?fl=true, the great thing about them is that they come with interchangeable lenses. I use yellow and copper lenses. Changing lenses takes seconds. If your lenses get scratched you can buy replacement lenses.

I can also thouroughly recommend the Orvis glass lenses but they cost an arm and a leg. They are absolutely superb.

For cheapos have a look at the fishtec site - they have some for ?3.99 which I keep as spares in the car. They are also very good polaroids in their own right.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

jimmul

Hi Moray you might want to have a look at these, I got a pair of thier circumnavigators a couple of years ago as I prefer glass lenses and have found them to be very good quality lenses, much better than a few of the more exspensive pairs I have had in the past.
Jim :8)

jimmul

Go To Front Page