News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Mullet flies?

Started by col, May 19, 2009, 11:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

I noticed that in some places like Puerto Banus on the Costa Del Sol fishing is a no no. From minor jetties and breakwaters you should be OK.

Whereabouts on Majorca Col?

Alex

Protect the edge.

Inchlaggan

I have not been there in many years- Puerto Pollensa, but my experience was that fishing from piers, jetties and harbours was permitted.
However, the locals carefully guarded their favourite spots and were wary of tourists. A friendly bit of banter, in the common language of anglers, usually solved the problem.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Harpo

Col,

Matt Hayes on Total Fishing 2006/7 has an episode where he is fly fishing fir Mullet from a breakwater, he was feeding them with real bread and then casting in a large white fly made to look like bread.

Good luck sounds ace, I'm away to Portpatrick and i;ve seen Mullet in the esturay so you got me thinking!

Also have you seen Henry Gilbey fishing for them :shock:, he's a plum !

haresear

This is all I found on Soller, Col (from one of those holiday review sites) ....."try casting from the harbour/jetty back towards the soller beach end of the resort using a bubble float and floating breadcrust (inch sized lumps on a size 8 hook)..........there are some decent sized Mullet (s##t snappers) swimming around (hence the broken rod)."

All the best,

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page