News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly patch

Started by Ptinid, April 25, 2007, 05:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptinid

Bought a 'magnetic' fly patch recently - having been told it was a great product. You've maybe seen the thing - magnet on patch -separate magnet for going inside jacket/waistcoat.

What a load of crap. It's come off every time I've worn it. Obviously made for reservoir and stillwater guys, but absolutely useless for river. Touch it - it moves. Bang it with a branch - it comes off.

My own fault, I know, but passing on my finding to save some other poor naive soul from wasting money.

Off to buy some black velcro to sew onto my jacket!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

haresear

On the subject of fly patches and Velcro. I find female Velcro to be great as a "fly patch". I mostly stick the flies of the day in the Velcro on my wading jacket's cuff.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Ptinid

You're probably right Crocach - and I've taken to sticking flies onto the velcro on my jacket - but it's no big enough - I go through a lot of variations at times  :oops:

I just got done - not maliciously - but poor advice - and I didn't think it through properly in the shop......overcome by the need to spend money on fishing stuff! :D
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Go To Front Page