News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Jackets ....

Started by hibsman, November 27, 2006, 09:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliferste

I am another one that has the Greys GRXI wading jacket , no complaints at all !!

lnelson20

I have the same diemma Brian,let's just say my jacket's humming :lol:look's like i will have to wash it and re-proof it with one of these spray's,don't see any other option :)

All the best

Chris.
c.nelson

Andrew Moray

r.e. ripe kit.

I use soap FLAKES to wash most of my outdoor kit, not a weekly event I may add  :D.
Normally don't have to reproof them afterwards, I do have a bottle of Nikwax nearby just in case.

i.e. let it dry and spray it to see if it beads or absorbs.

However, not recommended to put a full cup in the machine as some idiot did  :oops:

HTH,
Tony

lnelson20

Thank's Tony,will give that a go.

All the best

Chris.
c.nelson

Andrew Moray

You're welcome Chris.
Most decent sized outdoor shop should stock the flakes.

Tony

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Sodger Muddler

I still have a Barbour border in the garage ,sometimes wear it  in the boat when its blowing a hooly  as i can get plenty of layers on underneath it  :D.

Arbroath Smokie

I got a cracking deal on Musto FPX jackets last year in a sale. Bought both the wading jacket and the full length fishing jacket for the price of one. Although I have nothing to compare them to (other than my old Barbour)I think they are absolutely fine and would happily recommend them.

beaniboy67

i was reccomended to me by GAC was the Loop Adventure Jacket. i said i would spend between ?100 and ?200 and 2 workers in the shop said the LOOP Adventure.

this was 139 quid and the guys could have had a 200 quid sale but they still offered me that one.

its not got neoprene cuffs but a kinda tightish nylon cuff which sit under your outer cuff(quicker drying but dont leak water)

i have used it alot and it is a great jacket.

i just got a new Simms Rivertek Goretex sent from the US(report to follow)

Go To Front Page