News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

essential alien-hunting kit

Started by corsican dave, October 19, 2015, 11:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

the latest addition to my waist bag. fed up with trying to guess-timate fish size from not-so-conveniently placed objects and this takes up no room at all. let's hope 60" isn't nearly long enough  :lol:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00880DW6I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Useful bit of low tech kit. Have carried one of those in my fly vest for  years now. Inches on one side, centimeters on the other. 

SoldierPmr

You can even use it as a sort of furled leader  :lol:

Wildfisher

and measure your cast at the same time.  :D

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on October 19, 2015, 04:41:26 PM
and measure your cast at the same time.  :D
ah, you've heard about my casting then?  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

You will need a piece of chalk as well to mark the 60" point and then measure on along from the mark to get the full alien distance you have in mind!!      (Did you see those tarpon beasts last night ... hell's bells.)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

well, a 60" pike of average girth would top the scales at around 58lb-ish. which would do very nicely..... :8)

Go To Front Page