News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

new rod for my birthday....?

Started by corsican dave, February 18, 2014, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 20, 2014, 10:51:32 AM
Dave if you really want a hardy It's worth keeping a look at auctioneers that do antique fishing sales, you can browse through their catalogue online, it's generally old brass reels and cane rods but there's always some new hardy and sage/orvis stuff tagged on the end, if your not in a hurry you can get  bargains, got my hardy swift 7wt for 140, still had the wrap on the handle :)
no, I'm not in a hurry! we'll be making our annual pilgrimage to the game fair in july, so that should give me a chance to try out a few. i'll keep an eye out on the auction sites too. cheers :8)

just did a check and realised that my first atlantis is just over 8 years old, so I shouldn't complain. however, the tip snapped about 4" down within a couple of months and I know of a couple of other guys that had exactly the same problem. have to say, it still put a decent line out as an 8'6... :lol: the guides showed signs of corrosion very soon, despite rinsing every trip. the scierra hmc claims to have saltwater resistant guides; we shall see...
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page