News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

ORVIS DISCOUNT OFFER

Started by Moggie, April 19, 2012, 09:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moggie

Orvis have an offer on at the moment giving £25 off on any spend over £50. I'm in the market for a new pair of waders and am looking at the Silver Label Classic @ £189 but the Endura are £50 cheaper. Are they worth the money with the discount off or should I go for another cheaper brand. I know they have a great reputation and I already have the River Guard ultralight wading boots.

Moggie.
Do it well, Do it once.

Otter Spotter

I got the orvis ones 3 years ago and they are still going strong and they havent been treated particularly well although I do watch out for barbed wire etc. I would highly recommend them.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Moggie

Which ones did you buy tho are the more expensive ones worth the difference.

Moggie.
Do it well, Do it once.

Part-time

I bought the cheaper Endura waders a couple of seasons ago and have had no problems with them. The main difference between them and the silver labels is that they dont have built in gravel guards; I just bought snowbee gravel guards for about £9. I'd go for the budget Orvis over other brands just for the warranty

John

Otter Spotter

Sorry, its the Silver label (xt I think), I got them in a sale for round about the price you quoted. This is the first pair of chesties I have had so can really compare like for like. I do have a pair of Scierra CC3 waist waders (my local river doesnt allow chesties unless you are salmon fishing), the build quiality and weight of material in the orvis ones is far superior, although the scierra ones do the job they are meant to. Plus you get the warranty.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Wildfisher

Moir,
you could try PMing  diverdave, he sometimes has some real bargains

Go To Front Page