News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

the case for silicone fly boxes

Started by corsican dave, October 15, 2017, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

the Vision Slim fly box doesn't really cut it, i'm afraid :? great size, but....
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I've not found  these split foam type boxes are much use for big heavy flies Dave. Not sure what the best choice would be.

Robbie

I have just seen some of those vision boxes and thought they were worth a look, maybe not...

I have a couple of silicone boxes, one of which the silicone is lifting off in the middle. Probably easy enough to fixe but might be worth some further investigation especially if using bigger and heavier flies.

scoobyscott

I use the smaller vision slit foam boxes for my nymphs and had no issues. Just bought a Stillwater silicone box though to try out. For those type of flies I've always just used foam that you stick the fly into.

pedropete

interesting, whats the choice of flybox for trads /wets/bushy bundles ?  i recently resurrected my wooden boxes ,fine for the boat but no use for up the hills and general bank fishing /wading etc..

Clan Chief

I can't see by the fox boxes! For trads and wets. Holds about 130 odd flies. Holds the flies securely  and fits nicely into a pocket.

corsican dave

Quote from: Clan Chief on October 17, 2017, 12:35:31 AM
I can't see by the fox boxes! For trads and wets. Holds about 130 odd flies. Holds the flies securely  and fits nicely into a pocket.
i would agree; if they'd make them one-sided....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

loch coulter

pictures are pish but this is the box i use, double sided and waterproof from Caimore, had it for years and still keeps everything dry.

pedropete

loch coulter,sorr i dont know your name sir, yep they look good, fox boxes are always a shout too..cheap as chips.  any one else any prefs for bushy wet storage??

loch coulter

Quote from: pedropete on October 17, 2017, 09:00:47 PM
loch coulter,sorr i dont know your name sir, yep they look good, fox boxes are always a shout too..cheap as chips.  any one else any prefs for bushy wet storage??
Names Tommy, Pete. :8)

Go To Front Page