News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Half price sonik sk4 wading boots

Started by Lochan_load, December 06, 2014, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Exactly what the post says! Graham's of Inverness doing these at £62.49, can't get the link to copy on my phone but just google it,  bought myself a pair yesterday, been looking for a pair of rubber soled boots, can't tell you how many times I ended up on my arse in the heather in felts this year!
[attachimg=1]

shad

Thats a good price , looks like the soles have holes to take studs aswell.

How do you find the sizing?

Lochan_load

I'm waiting on delivery, hopefully come today and I'll add on. I tend to by the right size, not really keen on buying up a size, never had any problem just getting my usual size 10's

haresear

Those look like they might be pretty durable and a good buy. The soles appear to be stitched on as well as welded, which is one feature I look for in a boot.

I also like the rubber soles. There is no perfect sole for all conditions of course, but to my mind (studded) rubber is the best all-round compromise.

Alex
Protect the edge.

shad

Been doing some surfing and I see Patagonia have changed their range so there are good deals on the boots with aluminium bars on the soles, supposed to be great, anyone heard anything about these ?

highlander2504

I purchased the sonik sk4 breathable waders at the start if last season. If the boots are half as good, they are a bargain at that price.

Rabmax

I am waiting on a pair of these to be delivered.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPR-TRAIL-BOOTS-Hunting-Hiking-Carp-Fishing-Snow-Mud-/250792989899
I will see what i think when they arrive.But they look like they might be more durable than the wading boots we fishers buy marketed for wading.I am planing fitting them with homemade Aluminium Bars.Cheers

Lochan_load

They look tough but might hold a lot of water in the padding and inside the waterproof lower part, drill a few holes and they would prob do the job just fine, my mate has canvas walking trainer type shoes he got for £20 he swears by them

Rabmax

Yes i was planning on melting a couple of holes with a hot nail.I have got fed up buying poorly made & designed wading boots that don't last & fancy trying something different.I will paint any exposed stitching with my homemade flexament glue.( Shoe goo + Toluene).I do this with my knee shin guards also & it makes for a longer life span.Cheers All

corsican dave

I've got a pair of these which I've used for over a year for pretty much all my wading/kayaking. ideal for the latter because of he rubber soles. I was a bit dubious about the material, but it doesn't absorb too much water and has stood up to salt etc. the fit is standard. I found mine a little snug, but taking the footbeds out (they're the standard cheapo foam) means they're okay with neoprene feet.

one of the toe-boxes was a shade tight, but they have stretched agreeably without becoming saggy. if you have very broad feet they will probably feel quite tight, if not uncomfortably so. very light and have become my "go-to" boots.

at that price, a bargain. as with all footwear, think very carefully before buying mail-order  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page