News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Loch Leven Eyed Fly Box

Started by Wildfisher, January 21, 2014, 12:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

These were all the rage back in the 1960s and '70s. 

Fly fishing chic.    :lol:

Any of the older members still have one?

Highlander

Not any more, but have had a few over the years. My first "decent" box when I started out. For some reason they go for a wee bit on E Bay especialy if in good condition. Cheapest box that Wheatley made at the time.
You see some right rust buckets but people still buy them, I do not know why. I guess they just become iconic, a throwback to past endeavours. Nothing wrong with that & as one gets older one hankers a bit for the past. I know I do.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Bobfly

Most held a collection of rusty flattened winged wet flies ..... my green one did till I put it out !!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

A design classic. There is  one on Ebay right now for about $50. Some eejit will buy it.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Roobarb on January 21, 2014, 05:16:15 PM
Obviously a northern thing..

If Alex Salmond was a fly fisherman this would be the only box in town.  :lol:

Bobfly

Hang On !! Made in England it says on my one, which I obviously could not part with !! That was sold before the fancy all-over front paint job. Inside in the lid was special water-holding and hook-rusting wool felt which you can just see the remains of on photo two. I tore that out and had some glued in felt for a brief spell.
[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Photo three shows a few other selected tinnies which hold essential archive tackle items    :8) :8) :8)
[attachimg=3]
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bobfly on January 21, 2014, 07:25:17 PM
Hang On !! Made in England it says on my one

Just  another example of Westminster scheming and lies to disenfranchise the downtrodden  people of Scotland!   :lol:

jaybee

Quote from: admin on January 21, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

A design classic. There is  one on Ebay right now for about $50. Some eejit will buy it.  :lol:

I have two boxes exactly the same and in good nick. Not been used for years.........Hanging on to them until I need the extra cash .http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/Smileys/default/icon_lol.gif

Jim

Harpo

My Dad used to have one, was pretty bashed up

They are mentioned in this months T&s having been reissued or summit

Clan Chief

An old angler I met about twenty years or so ago very kindly gave me his battered old box. Funnily enough ive never used it as i dont like the method of holding the flees.

Go To Front Page