News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New rod and reel.

Started by piscatus absentis, September 29, 2010, 10:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

I thought I'd posted this earlier but obviously I simply threw it into an electronic wilderness.

A company called Angling Direct contacted me today to say that they had been asked by my insurers to replace the rod and reel I lost.  They're offering a Daiwa Signature 9.5 foot 7 weight and a Greys GRXi reel with a Scientific Anglers line.

Should I accept or is there anything better I could ask for in about the same price range?

Wildfisher

Quote from: piscatus absentis on September 29, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
I simply threw it into an electronic wilderness.
I hadn't realised you  posted  on the Aberdeenshire forum bob.   :D

Clan Ford

Quote from: piscatus absentis on September 29, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
I thought I'd posted this earlier but obviously I simply threw it into an electronic wilderness.

A company called Angling Direct contacted me today to say that they had been asked by my insurers to replace the rod and reel I lost.  They're offering a Daiwa Signature 9.5 foot 7 weight and a Greys GRXi reel with a Scientific Anglers line.

Should I accept or is there anything better I could ask for in about the same price range?

What was it you lost Bob?  Do you normally fish a 7 weight for troots (or were you hedging your bets on a larger silver type fish :lol:).  Sorry I have no experiance of any of the tackle you've been offered :(

Norm

Malcolm

PA,

I haven't tried the Signature. like a lot of modern rods it is described as fast action. If it is genuinely fast action I personally wouldn't touch it with a bargepole as fast action rods don't roll or spey cast at all well.

If you like the same sort of tackle as I do - somewhat more progressive than the current fashion - then I would talk to Steve Parton (you may be some time, he likes to talk) who may well suggest one of his as a good alternative. I have two of them and they are superb. Telephone is 0115 9463 572. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Fishtales

Why not go for the Wilderness rod then? Get a dearer reel and line to make up the difference.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

alancrob

I have the GRXi reel with spare spools.

It holds line.

Line comes off.

Line goes on.

The end!

I don't know if that is good value for money or whatever.

Oh, it has a nice wee case.

A.

Go To Front Page