News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Poor tackle shops

Started by col, January 05, 2008, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doogs

I think Mikes tackle shop might be concentrating on on-line sales just now but to be honest i'v enever found it very good for tying materials or hooks...............

Pete

Last I was in Mikes they were just clearing out of the other half of the shop.  When I enquired as to why the story I got was that the tenents above that half seemed to have repeated plumbing problems causing flooding of the shop premises and they were fed up with the hassle and expense this was causing.  As to the shop apart from a set of waders I never did find much there to part me from my money.  I used there mail order once but did not recieve the goods which were supposed to have been in stock, in time for the trip they were intended for and had to go there and oick them up. Not much use.

I do not buy anything much over the internet.  I would rather see the gear in the flesh before I buy and  don't object to paying a bit more if it means my local shop will still be there when I want to nip in unexpectedly.  I must admit though to having problems getting hold of light tippet much of the time.

Pete

Go To Front Page