News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Landing Net

Started by Wildfisher, December 28, 2007, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Fred, no it's not. I picked the wrong link. This one looks like the right net although the dimensions quoted vary slightly from McLeans own website. http://www.flytackledirect.co.uk/Home/McLEAN/McLean-Catch-Release-Weigh-Nets/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Sorry, Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

Quote from: admin on December 28, 2007, 01:31:39 PM
That looks good. How  strong is the coiled lanyard (I like that idea) and how far does it extend?
Fred,
I'm at work this week (bored stiff!) and the nets at home however it's very strong and extends much further than I can reach and I'm 6'2".

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on December 28, 2007, 02:25:54 PM
Fred, no it's not. I picked the wrong link. This one looks like the right net although the dimensions quoted vary slightly from McLeans own website. http://www.flytackledirect.co.uk/Home/McLEAN/McLean-Catch-Release-Weigh-Nets/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Thanks  Eck.  I was just about to say I'll buy one when I noticed it only weighs up to 14lbs. Nae use  for me eh? ……………….. :roll:

OK, back on planet earth ……… :D……….. looks ideal, Ill buy one for sure along with Malcolm's slinky spring magnetic release.  I'll give me something to do playing with that slinky when  the Don troot are no' co-operating. It hope the slinky is hard wearing,  it's going to get a lot of use. :biglaugh;

garryh

thanks haresear ,I'm going to treat myself to one for next season

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

haresear

QuoteI'm going to treat myself to one for next season

May you catch one to fill it Garry :D

On a serious note, a lot of people have asked if mine is a salmon net, so you gather from that it is a big net. Some people would find it too big for their tastes. Best to have a look at one first.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Well, just ordered one of these weigh nets that Alex recommend and one of these magnet releases with the slinky spring toy  as tested and approved by big Malky.

It's a kind of insurance policy really. If they are not up to the job  just think of the whisky I'll be able to extort from both of them by way of compensation

:D

Seriously though, thanks for all the advice lads. There is such a depth of experience here on this forum I often wonder how I managed in the dark, dismal  past. Everything from technique, gear, fly tying, casting. It's all here. Not to mention all the new pals we make.

haresear

QuoteIf they are not up to the job  just think of the whisky I'll be able to extort from both of them by way of compensation

Well, ye can try.... :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

The net arrived today. Looks great. Got the magnetic release thingy with it, seems to work OK. Just don't get any skin nipped between the magnets as they crash together it draws blood!    :(

haresear

Fred, I hope it is lucky for you.

This what I do to attach it. The assembly hangs on my back from a D ring on my back (well on my waistcoat) Don't forget the mini karibiner (which being right handed, I attach to a D-ring on the left hand side of my jacket or waistcoat) as it is useful to be able to detach the net quickly at times.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page