News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Does anyone buy John Norris Enormous Handkerchiefs. ?

Started by Highlander, June 24, 2015, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Another John Norris mailshot today. How long have they been advertising these enormous handkerchiefs every mailshot & catalogue since time immemorial. Along with Tattersall shirts & Winchester filleting knifes but since the advent of C&R I guess sales must have dipped with the knifes.
I have visions of Wild Fisherman nee all fisherman that have a cold pulling out half a bed sheet to wipe the old snozzle.
Go on who has bought them. In fact is there anything you have bought that you wish you hadn't or indeed you have bought that pleased you no end. Anything other than rods Reels & nets. Gadgets & gizmos please share .

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

I carry a dish towel in the front pocket of my waders. Not to  wipe the old snozzle, but it is handy after handling fish and wanting to dry the hands.

Highlander

Not so much Gadgets with me but useful ideas.
For night fishing for Trout or Sea Trout I would carry minimum gear. For example like Fred I have not a dish towel but an old bar towel tucked in front of my waders. My Maglite with a red filter is round my neck on a lanyard so I can access it quickly. A spare Maglite Solitaire & a couple of spare batteries in my pocket.
I have ready made casts in plastic CD holders if I have to change flies or if I get a tangle. The few flies I need are in a small plastic Myran box.
I always wear a neck towel but I have sewn three bar towels together. Ideal for humid nights where they can be dampened or left dry if inclement weathers hampers sport to soak up any rain drops wicking down my neck. My net is slung on my back either from a sewn in D ring or more often a quick release homemade lanyard I first saw in Hugh Falkus  book Sea Trout fishing. If on occasion I use a maggot tipped fly I keep them in a small plastic container that once contained a bearing & couple of wee holes  drilled in lid. A hessian bag with a small priest left in it if I indeed feel I need to take fish or two saves me leaving the stream.
There will be other things but above will do meantime.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Bobfly

Yes. I have quite a few of the JN Biggie's and they are well known to my walking friend who ask where to get them, so they have a market!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page