News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

intermediate line suggestions

Started by cubby, April 23, 2011, 05:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby

i am looking for suggestions for a intermediate line WF6. it will be used with a 9 ft greys grx i was also wondering whether or not a clear line is a good idea.
any suggestions welcome

Clan Ford

I find the clear intermediates all suffer from memory.  I tend to use a Cortland Blue when I go for an inter.

Norm

Black-Don

It depends what you want as intermediate is descriptive of a variety of different sink rates. I have two intermediates, an airflo slow glass which sinks at 0.5 IPS ( inches per second ) and an airflo sixth sense Di3 which sinks at 3 IPS. I'm sure they're both w/f lines but they fish completely differently. The slow glass fishes best a few feet from the surface but the di3 will cover all depths on shallower waters depending on rate of retrieve. Characteristically they're both very good lines for the money.

I'm going to take this opportunity to ask a question myself though. If you allow a di3 to sink to 8 feet for example does it then fish on a level plane when you start to retrieve or does the rate of retrieve affect the depth at which the line fishes ?

dazdidge

personally I hate clear intermediates, the problem is you cant see them and evry one of them I have tried coils really bad. One of the nicest I have used so far was a relatively cheap shakespeare one. I will try and dig out the box for the name, but it was only 15 quid and cast quite nicely with very little memory. Try Fred (Admin) for a well priced line

haresear

I find the clear lines I've tried prone to tangles. I've had a Lee Wulff TT and another heavier pike line 9cam't remember which). Both are crap and I now use the blue Cortland 444.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Otter Spotter

l like the cortland 444 clear camo intermediate lasts for ever and I've never had any issues with coiling / memory.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

cubby

thanks for the help guys looks like i will get a cortland blue or maybe the camo clear. i already have a cortland dt floating line for the same rod and love it as well as my cortland 444 wf 7 for heavier outfit.
just need to find the best price now. off to research we go

Go To Front Page