News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

kelly kettle or similair

Started by dazdidge, July 27, 2010, 08:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazdidge

Does anyone know of good (read cheap) place to get a kelly kettle or equivelent? And secondly if there are equivelents are they as good as the kelly?
TIA

daz

Tweed

Maybe slightly off on a tangent, but I have one of these - if you already have a half decent camping stove, works a treat and nae bad for ?9.

Holds 1 litre

http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/095683.html

Andrew

diverdave

I really enjoy my kelly kettle. I got a "real" one for christmas, and then bought all the accessories myself. I used it a number of times before melting it having a huge fry up whilst deer stalking, when i decided not to put water into it (did not read the instructions as this is a sign of weakness)

i replaced it with a copy which is every bit as good, and it is getting well used. I looked on ebay and then printed off a buy it now and took it to my local shop, who matched the price.

I am rarely on the hill or bank without it in the bank of the landy, a bowl of soup, coffee or fry up are all part of my day.

No curly sandwiches for me!

dave

Hans

I just love my Kelly Kettle, have mine since approx 7 years now, it looks like it has been run-over by a train,
but it still does the job properly.
I do not know if there are any similar kettles on the market though.
Cheers, hans

dazdidge

Cheers for the replies guys, will have a search for the jet boil stove and see what I can find. I already have analuminium kettle and stove but am trying to minimise what I have to carry for just the odd night or two away. Dave, what make is the "copy" and where did you get it?

cheers
daz

dazdidge

Ended up going for the small Kelly Kettle, I did find one place where you could get a cheaper version but postage from USA would have brought it up to the same cost.
I ended up getting it direct from Kelly and I have to say I wish I had bought one years ago, fantastic bit of kit!!! Already been christened and I was surprised at how quick it got to the boil. Would recommend one to anyone.

cheers
daz

Harpo

Good stuff Daz, I've always fancied one, always thought it would be to big for roaming about with though.

If there is a small version i'll need to check it out !

dazdidge

This is the one I went for
http://www.kellykettle.com/Kelly-Kettles/Small-Kelly-Kettle%C2%AE-Alu.-0.57-Ltr-/-1-pint.html

Only does a pint at a time which is more than enough for two cups of coffe or a pot noodle (not that I ever, ever eat them.......honest)
I was really surprised how quick they  boil using only scraps of twigs and some heathe. Some people may think they are a bit bulky but you can fill it with water and fuel before going out and doesn't weigh much, I have even had mine boiling from just newspaper in the back garden to test it. It took a few boilings to get rid of the  excess sealent and to seal up the rivets that hold the handles etc on.
You could go and get yourself one of the gas powered things mentioned above, but the fuel is more expensive and what happens if you run out of fuel up a hill? Apart from that you just can't beat the smell of a fire heating up your first coffe in the morning :D :D :D.
I have also started making  a wee adaptor for it to hold a small pot on top for cooking  small items, I know you can buy these but I havent seen any for the small kettle yet.
Go on and treat yourself, you'll love it.

daz

Go To Front Page