News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Memory Map

Started by Lochan, April 17, 2007, 09:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan

I have just bought memory map for my pc which covers the whole of the highlands and islands, seems very good for scanning for good lochs and places to go camping. Seems good value at ?50 when it costs so much to buy all the individual maps.

Fishtales

I have Anquet which I use all the time. I haven't looked at Memory Map but I suppose they do much the same thing. I use a laminater to laminate the maps before I go away, as you say much better than having to buy all the maps. Then again I think I have all the 50,000 and most of the 25,000 anyway :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Clan Chief

I recently acquired the memory map programme for Northern and Southern Scotland. I should never need to buy another OS map again. although I do have quite a big collection of OS maps anyway. It's a great tool for any fisherman or hillwalker.

sandyborthwick

I agree its an excellent value for money tool regarding new lochs etc. The only thing I have found is that it is sometimes important to have detail down to the 1/25,000 scale. A case in point was when I had fished a loch for a couple of years a local man with whom I was discussing the fact that a couple of the fish looked like Seatrout when caught informed me that the Loch made the sea through a small burn not shown on 1/50,000 OS map. On investigation there was a burn and the fish were running through - when I subsequently bought a 1/25,000 OS Map the burn was shown. Since then I have given the Loch more attention and managed to turn up Seatrout there last year over 3Lb. Google earth is useful as well if used with the Memory Map as you can look at the same area with both tools and get a real grasp of the topography especially useful for long walk ins to hill Lochs.

Sandy B.O.

Go To Front Page