News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New Average Speed Cams

Started by Fishtales, June 17, 2024, 10:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Not affected Sandy. Auld codgers like me seldom get above 50MPH  ;D

Jon

I visit Scotland frequently. The number of additional cameras and for that matter, the number of additional road safety signs is very noticeable.

It becomes very apparent to me at least when approaching Glasgow. I have to admit I do find a few a little bit patronising. I don't wear a seatbelt because it's a legal requirement. I wear one because it's bleeding common sense!

Funnily enough I took delivery of a new car just a couple of months ago. Just before there's a legal requirement for it to be fitted with technology that can restrict it's speed.

It came with iDrive 8.5 and Apple Car Play. On the drive home I had messages flashing up that I'd received Telegram, FB messenger and Whatsapp messages. Not very safe really because I found this a real distraction and have now switched it off.

What also makes me laugh from a safety point of view is that you can have these messages read out to you and reply by dictating a message which is then converted to text and sent back. Is this really much safer than typing on a phone?

My local council recently let slip that our town may be subjected to some road safety project where the entire towns speed limit is reduced to 20mph. I have no issues with a 20mph limit outside schools and places where a there is a lot of people crossing roads even, but many roads here are semi rural! Meh!!!

Bobfly

Some tourist accident spots are having extra warning signs and cameras this year. On the other hand about 120 are being removed across Central Scotland. A list was put up on line.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page