News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Half price sonik sk4 wading boots

Started by Lochan_load, December 06, 2014, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

can't believe they haven't sold the lot at that price. a very good deal for a very good boot.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

B&@-locks! I just paid £62 + delivery!! Had a look about as well but missed this on eBay

Rabmax

Quote from: corsican dave on December 07, 2014, 02:41:43 PM
can't believe they haven't sold the lot at that price. a very good deal for a very good boot.
Dave do you do much river wading .I am very rough on wading boots.Wondering how robust you think they are.Might buy a pair myself & size 10 should be perfect for me.Cheers

haresear

Thanks for the ebay link Rabmax. I just ordered a pair too :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

Rabmax

I have just bitten the bullet & ordered a pair before there is none left  :lol: :lol:

Rabmax

Hello All .Anyone going to be giving the Ally bars in the bottom a try.After i take a few measurements of sole thickness i will order the stuff.I am thinking along this kind of line.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190940006608?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=490201280573&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201183949726?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=500382498031&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390926085457?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
With 5mm thick Ally bars i would imagine they would last at least a years wear & tear before the bars need replaced.What size is M4 size screws equate to is M4 tiny.Cheers All

corsican dave

Quote from: Rabmax on December 07, 2014, 04:08:01 PM
Dave do you do much river wading .I am very rough on wading boots.Wondering how robust you think they are.Might buy a pair myself & size 10 should be perfect for me.Cheers

I know you've bought a pair already, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't do too much river work (fishing!),but I do wade around in boggy, muddy holes; nasty rocky saltwater shorelines and plenty heather bashing. plus, they don't get treated very well; often spending days damp in the back of my truck. frankly i'm surprised they've lasted the year, but they actually show no signs of dying. in fact, they'll probably outlive their welcome!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Rabmax

Hello All.I finished upgrading my Sk4 boots.I painted all the thread stitching to death with flexament glue & fitted Aluminium bars.

The Aluminium Bar is 5mm thick hopefully they should last at least a year or more before the bars need replaced.They do look like a durable boot.Cheers All

Go To Front Page