News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

fishing vest

Started by loch coulter, December 26, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

thinking of buying the AIRFLO VEST BACKPACK, anyone with any info on them or other vests that are similar? :?

Robbie

I had one of the Airflow vest packs, only used it once then sold it on through EBay. The build quality was not the best, one of the tags on the zippers fell off when i took it out of the bag. However what really annoyed me was the tendency of the zip closure on the front to keep opening.

In the end i replaced it with an Orvis alternative.

bibio1

I have been looking at the fishpond wilderness pack. I have found a retailer in the states that's selling them for £40, which is a bargain. Ideal for jaunts into the wilds.

They retail at over £100.

corsican dave

the vest in this photo is 30 years old and still going strong. the Velcro's just beginning to fray a little. spending a bit more on quality kit will be an investment (pun not intended, but a goodie anyway  :roll:) in the long run. Patagonia also do a couple of backpack models now. not cheap, but.... I hate to say it, but I would endorse the high-end American kit like Simms, Patagonia, Fishpond, Orvis over the likes of Airflo  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page