News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Waders

Started by Brookie, March 20, 2014, 09:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brookie

I have a pair of neoprene chest waders and they are fine but a bit warm for summer. I have been  thinking about breathable waders. Any recommendations for makes and price ranges?

Highlander

This would be my choice

Quotehttp://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=0G2L&adv=19052&cm_mmc=plas-_-google-_-allprod-_-19052&CAWELAID=1033618912

Not overly expensive & backed up with the best warranty. You will need boots as well,plenty to choose from. I have Orvis Clearwater but I think they might be off the market now probably why I got them less than £100 at the time.
Breathables are always a source for discussion. Even the high end Simms can leak with the best or worse of them. You pays your money you take your chance. Other consideration could be  nylon mix such as Ocean. Trouble there is if you intend to walk a bit in summer you will sweat profusely just like the neoprene if not great & they do not leak.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Ron, you posted you are in Kirriemuir? Check with Neil Andersen at Angus Angling in Forfar he has some wader - boot combo deals right now. I bought a pair of Simms Freestone breathables there just the other day and got good deal on them.

Rabmax

Seam sealed Vision Extreme waders from Diver Dave are very good.I have owned too many new waders that leaked after a few months that i will be buying all my waders from him from now on. :D

Otter Spotter

Well worth contacting Diver Dave, he usually has plenty of reconditioned waders available.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Lochan_load

Scierra cc3, I've got the waist waders, really comfy and not as expensive as some, good breath ability if you've got a bit of walking to do

Go To Front Page